Albert Ilemobade Library operates a patron driven and user focused acquisition model
- A minimum of six copies of a title is acquired at a time, two of which are sent to the School Library.
- The tools used in cataloguing and classification are the Library of Congress schedules, Library of Congress Subject Heading and AACR2 R
- All library users must present a valid library identification card to access the collections. Non-University guests must obtain permission from the reference librarian. Loss or theft of an identification card should be reported immediately to the circulation desk.
- All FUTA faculty and regular students are eligible to borrow books from the library. Individuals or entities who do not fall into the above categories, but wish to use the library should contact the University Librarian
- Items charged out on a personal identification card remains the responsibility individual named on the card
- Faculty and post graduate students are allowed to borrow four books for a period of four weeks and two books for two weeks for undergraduate students. All materials are subject to be recalled if needed for reserve.
- Loan defaulters will pay a fine of N50.00 per day. Unpaid fines will result to suspension of borrowing privileges. Damaged books would be replaced.
- Serials, Reference, reserved and special collections are not permitted for borrowing
- Unruly conduct, noisemaking, eating or drinking, use of sharp object, making of telephone call may result in disciplinary action which range from suspension to exclusion from the use of the library.
- The use of E-Resources is limited to personal, non-commercial purposes such as research and study. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to: downloading of robots, scripts or other software programmes, archiving substantial portions of databases, entire journal issues and other excessive use , commercial use and resale of sources, ,redistribution of materials beyond what is allowed by copyright and licenses, use that causes the university library to be in violation of a license.